As a school, Mission Montessori is looking to support families by providing off-campus, high-quality in-person education for their children. We are seeking caring, enthusiastic, and committed teachers to join our community and teach small groups of children from a home or outdoors. We’re especially interested in educators who are passionate Montessorians or who are excited to learn more about how to implement Montessori in children’s homes!
You would most likely be working with a small group of children ages 3-6 or 6-9. Your main responsibilities would include planning lessons, caring for children’s social emotional needs and supporting their whole child development, assessing student progress, communicating with parents and the rest of the primary teaching team, and more. This is a great opportunity for an experienced teacher who believes in Montessori and is looking to work with small groups of children outside of school campuses during this unprecedented time.
We currently have both full-time (and benefits eligible) and part-time positions available, and are planning for this position to go to the end of the school year with the possibility of extension.
Our ideal candidate will:
- have a bachelor’s degree.
- have at least three years of teaching experience and experience using child-led approaches to learning in group environments.
- love working with children in the corresponding age group.
- exhibit strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- be punctual and dependable.
- be willing to maintain a sanitized environment.
- have Montessori training and/or experience working in Montessori classrooms (preferred).
- speak Spanish (preferred).
To start working, you would need to provide:
- official transcripts and diplomas.
- a criminal background check.
- authorization to work in the U.S.
- assurance that you are following social distancing guidelines, and that you will immediately notify us if you develop symptoms of COVID or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
What you can expect:
- competitive pay for the Bay Area
- paid sick leave
- for full-time employees: a full benefits packet (including insurance, PTO and paid breaks and holidays, tuitions discounts, the opportunity to enroll in our 401(K) retirement savings plan, and more)
- a variety of professional development opportunities unique to each employee’s career path and interests, including in-house training, sponsorship for Montessori training, positive discipline training, stipends for AMI Refresher Courses, and more
- a wonderful community that includes passionate and supportive educators from around the world, opportunities for professional growth, and more
Mission Montessori believes our goal as educators is to help each child become a passionate member of the human community who is confident, creative, and flourishing. We pride ourselves on taking our mission to heart and having a school culture that supports our mission. We know that our students thrive when we, as adults, feel passionate about our work and create an environment where we also feel confident, creative, and flourishing.
Mission Montessori is San Francisco’s only Montessori school with programs for children from infancy through elementary. We offer competitive salaries, a range of benefits, professional development opportunities, and the opportunity to work with a passionate community of educators from all over the world.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, we encourage you to apply!