Upper Elementary Humanities Teacher (2020-2021 School Year)
Bay Farm Montessori Academy is searching for an Upper Elementary Humanities Teacher for the 2020-2021 school year. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in becoming a Montessori teacher. Bay Farm will support the right candidate's coursework leading to credentials. We seek flexible, imaginative, creative teachers who can effectively plan and problem solve. The ability to understand and willingness to work with a range of learning styles is required for this position. Confident, calm and professional demeanor and a sense of humor are important characteristics. Candidates must be able to communicate effectively with students, parents, and colleagues. Strong writing skills are required and above all, strong respect for and love of children is essential to function effectively in this role.
- Bachelor's Degree (in English, History or a related field a plus).
- Preference will be given to candidates who have prior Montessori training and experience.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with all constituents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Collaborates well with colleagues of diverse backgrounds on pedagogical approaches, curricular alignment, and instructional strategies.
- Encourages collaborative teamwork in the classroom, teaching students to communicate effectively and thoughtfully, justify their reasoning and consider multiple perspectives when solving problems.
- Invests in the life of the school by participating in school events, planning committees, and professional development.
- Demonstrated professional behavior, including discretion, judgment, and integrity.
- All prospective employees must be able to clear a background check.
We work together to cultivate a vibrant Montessori learning community where children are inspired to grow with joy, purpose, and compassion. Through the wonder of direct exploration, the satisfaction of engaged learning, and the integration of visual and performing arts, Bay Farm Montessori Academy students develop the skills and sense of responsibility to be confident learners, eager to understand themselves and their world.
How to Apply:
If you are a committed, creative, self-directed individual with the desire to create a strong relevant humanities program in a nurturing, collaborative and inventive Montessori environment, we would like to hear from you.
You can learn more about our school and this program at www.bfarm.org.