Bella Mente is looking for highly motivated and caring individuals to join our teaching team. Educators at our school love teaching and feel successful in a small school environment with class size maximums of 24 per teacher; 12:1 ratio. Our teachers have high expectations of themselves and their students. Montessori credential in addition to CA credential preferred.
Bella Mente Academies is a free public Montessori school, located in Vista. Bella Mente opened its doors in the fall of 2013 with approximately 330 students. Since then, it has grown to serve almost 395 students, grades TK-8. The mission of Bella Mente Academies is to provide students with the opportunity to acquire an education based on an “quality” curriculum founded on the educational philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori. We intend to promote an educational atmosphere that encourages socioeconomic diversity by providing all students with the opportunity to obtain a quality public education. Our aim is to prepare each of our students with the skills, knowledge, and values to participate meaningfully in the pluralistic world of the 21st century.
Students at BMA master foundational skills in core content areas and learn how to work effectively on group and individual projects. Teachers provide systematic and explicit instruction in foundation skills balanced with hands-on thematic projects and experiences in the community, while allowing students to explore personal areas of interest, all based on the studies of Maria Montessori. Students leave BMA having built a resume of Academic success Leadership experiences Healthy living practices All is accomplished through an interdisciplinary approach blending a balanced advisory and skills development within a democratic learning community. Bella Mente's mission is to provide a comprehensive, highly individualized education for children from Transitional Kindergarten to Grade 8 in a nurturing, family-like environment using Montessori and project based learning.
Additional Perks of working for Bella Mente Academies
- The Board of Directors approved for all full time employees, a $12,000 a year health, dental, vision and voluntary benefit allowance (increased from $9,250 a year)
- $50,000 life insurance paid by the school
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program at No cost
- 22-23 Teacher calendar is 188 days instead of 189 contracted days
- The school participates in a 403b retirement program which requires no contribution by the employee. All employees earn 3% (0-3 years of service), 5% (3.1-6 years of service), and 7.75% (6.1 years of service and above).
- 2% bonus for SY 2022-2023