Gateway Montessori School in downtown Birmingham, Michigan is seeking a Head of School to serve as a leader in creating, sustaining, and nurturing an engaging educational environment.
Working with Gateway’s Board of Directors, the Head of School shapes, promotes, and upholds Gateway’s mission, goals, and objectives, and articulates them to Gateway’s constituencies and the wider community. To that end, the Head of School guides the Board in formulating Gateway’s mission and in developing a strategic plan. The Head of School also carries out the Montessori educational policies established by Gateway and acts within the limits of the financial policy set by the Board of Directors.
The Head of School is responsible for day-to-day operational leadership of Gateway and administrative and professional leadership for faculty and staff, including the following:
- Maintaining Montessori credentials and memberships
- Overseeing the recruitment, hiring, training, and supervision of all staff
- Working with teachers to coordinate curriculum and classroom development and continuously improve school offerings
- Managing admission and enrollment
- Ensuring the financial stability of the school, including maintaining annual operating budgets and overseeing required tax filings
- Maintaining good communication with parents, teachers, and the Board, including attending quarterly Board meetings and reporting on progress
- Managing and ensuring that all applicable licensing and reporting requirements are met
This is a full time position. Minimum requirements include a Bachelor’s Degree and knowledge and experience in early childhood education. Candidates with Montessori training and/or proven leadership experience are strongly preferred. Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Bonuses, including sign-on bonus, and paid time off are available.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Gateway Montessori School
Gateway Montessori is a non-profit, non-denominational education corporation located in downtown Birmingham, Michigan. Gateway enrolls up to 85 children representing about 70 families in our Montessori Infant, Toddler, and Primary Programs. Gateway also offers Aftercare, Holiday Care, and Summer Camp Programs. All Programs are designed around Montessori philosophy, materials, and instruction from Montessori-certified lead teachers, and include Music and Spanish immersion lessons during the school year. We believe that by encouraging an enthusiasm for learning, and by building self esteem, independence, and creativity, we are preparing the child not just for school, but for life. We provide a quality, personalized, nurturing atmosphere in which these attributes can develop and a philosophy that values the uniqueness of each individual.