The Director is responsible for overseeing the staff and the day-to-day operations of the facility, ensuring the safety of all children at the site and maintaining licensing requirements with Community Care Licensing. The Director has administrative and leadership responsibilities for parent communications, program evaluation, and supervision of teaching staff. Additionally, the Director observes, advises and mentors the faculty in Montessori methodology, and oversees all aspects of the early childhood program including curriculum, classroom schedules, record keeping, and the overall classroom and school environments.
1. Montessori primary teaching credential
2. Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
4. Strong supervision and leadership skills.
5. Proven ability to think creatively and work collaboratively.
6. Demonstrated commitment to the school’s mission and Montessori philosophy.
7. Must meet Early Childhood Education requirements for California Community Care Licensing.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.