Central Montessori Academy is seeking a full time Montessori Toddler Assistant; the position is Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 2:30 pm. CMA is a small school serving children ages 18 months to 12 years. Come join our community and get experience working in a Montessori classroom. If you are interested in this position send your resume to Kristin Patterson, Head of School firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out the job description to learn more.
School: Private non-profit Montessori toddler through 6th grade
Job Status: Full – Time (through summer)
Proposed Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Starting Date: August 2019
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience, education and according to the school’s established hourly rate schedule.
Purpose: The purpose of the Toddler Assistant is to assist in the implementation of the Montessori toddler curriculum and to support the learning development of children ages 18– 36 months.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Education Level: Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education or Bachelor Degree; Montessori credential is not required but desired.
- Experience Desired: At least two years of experience working with young children. Experience working in a Montessori classroom is desired but not required.
Essential Function/ Skills:
- Understands child development and supporting the young child ages 18- 36 months
- Has the ability to communicate effectively through both writing and speaking
- Establishes a professional and supportive relationship with parents, students and colleagues.
- Participates in ongoing professional growth and continually learns new skills to support the community of Central Montessori Academy.
- Records attendance and reaches out to parents about attendance as needed.
- Supports and implements rules and regulations of the classroom.
- Supporting with potty training
- Kindness, willingness to help out with other school tasks as needed .
- Supports the building of community and collaboration
- Creates a welcoming environment for parents and students.
- Respects of others