Currently Seeking Head of School for the 2020-2021 School Year!
The Montessori School of Raleigh was established in 1974 and currently educates students 18 months-12th grade.
There are two campuses: The Lower School is in North Raliegh (Toddler-6th grade) and our Middle/Upper School is in Durham (7th-12th grade)
Current enrollment is close to 400 students with a faculty/staff of 78.
Please visit us at: www.msr.org
- A well-established, 44-year-old accredited school deeply connected to its Mission
- A strong and enduring belief in the value of Montessori education
- Warm, welcoming, facilities purposefully designed to maximize educational opportunities for students
- Talented and dedicated faculty and staff who are deeply committed to the growth of each student
- A caring and nurturing environment for children 18 months to 18 years
- A deep appreciation of strong family-school relationships
- Small class size where hands-on learning and self-directed engagement result in the development of students who are agile-thinkers, poised communicators and gracious collaborators
Leadership and Personal Qualities Desired:
- Advanced Degree
- Minimum of 3 years demonstrated leadership and management skills
- An understanding and appreciation of the value of Montessori education
- Understanding the value of the IB Program as a culminating high school experience
- Collaborative leadership skills with experience in team building
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically
- An active listener and strong communicator who will be highly engaged with the entire school community
- Unquestionable integrity
- Ability to engage and motivate faculty, parents and the broader community around common goals and a vision of future
- A leader who has experience developing and managing a budget and maintaining the overall financial health of the school
Candidates interested in this position are asked to submit the following materials in a single merged document:
- Educators Collaborative Candidate Summary
- Letter of interest to the MSR Search Committee
- Personal Leadership statement
- A list of 5 references with telephone and e-mail contact
Completed dossier to be submitted to:
Educator's Collaborative, LLC
Dossiers will be reviewed upon receipt. While there is no specific deadline to apply, The MSR Search Committee retains the right to close this search when candidates of choice have been identified.