The American Montessori Society leads, empowers, and serves the global community of Montessori educators as the foremost advocate for research and policy, ongoing teacher education, and standards of accreditation through opportunities for mentored individual growth, collaboration, and member engagement.
AMS is classified as a 501(c) (3) not-for-profit organization.
Director of Marketing (Remote)
The Director of Marketing leads the promotion of all initiatives, products, and services of the American Montessori Society and oversees the execution of all projects therein. This includes the creation and execution of multi-channel marketing plans and the delivery of company messaging through paid media, earned media, and print and web spaces that include social media and the AMS website. The director is responsible for budget creation and monitoring, and for achieving revenue goals for advertising, sales, and sponsorship income.
Reports to: Senior Director of Communication & Community
Works closely with: Director of Advertising, Exhibits Manager, and all other director and manager-level staff
Classification: Exempt, Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
Designation: Remote (Candidates in NY, NJ, PA, VA, MA, WI, and OH preferred)
- Lead all marketing efforts, including email, direct, social media, inbound, search, relationship, brand, and content.
- Develop and have oversight of the execution of strategic, multi-channel marketing plans for major initiatives, including conferences and other professional development events.
- Create a diverse, inclusive, and equitable marketing ecosystem for staff and stakeholders alike.
- Ensure AMS brand integrity across a wide variety of communications channels.
- Conceive, develop, and execute a balanced annual marketing budget.
- Work in partnership with the Director of Advertising and Exhibits Manager to create ad and sponsorship products and packages and take responsibility for incoming ad revenue.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, as well as a variety of external support vendors and consultants.
- Establish departmental goals with KPIs.
- Shape all company initiatives through the lens of holistic user experience to ensure ease of access, ease of use, and ease of communications.
- Work with all programmatic areas to ensure consistent lead generation, member/customer retention, and enthusiasm.
- Analyze data, including conversion metrics and segmentation, and create dashboard and periodic reports.
- 3+ years of professional experience in marketing, digital media, advertising, brand development, content creation, PR, communication fields, preferably working within a nonprofit association
- Deep understanding of inbound marketing and digital best practices in marketing
- Highly effective written and technological communication skills with an extensive understanding of multi-channel marketing approaches
- Skilled in Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Google Analytics, graphic design
- Consistently creative and able to bring new promotions and presentation of information to stakeholders
- A highly detail-oriented project manager who can handle multiple work cycles
- Team leader and decision-maker
- A high degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability
- Ability to manage last-minute changes and deadlines while showing grace and courtesy under pressure
- Ability to travel, as needed
Please email the following to Munir Shivji, Executive Director of the American Montessori Society, email@example.com. All attachments are to be included within a single email. Subject line: Director of Marketing.
- Letter of interest
- One sample of each:
- an original marketing project
- original marketing copy
The American Montessori Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, family responsibility, political affiliation or any other status protected by applicable laws.