POSITION SUMMARY: The Middle School Office Specialist performs administrative work of moderate difficulty and variety in support of professional, technical or administrative functions. Requires a moderate degree of judgment and application of standard office procedures. Interact with a variety of individuals including parents, staff, and administrative team.
- Greets and checks in visitors and provide, obtain and receive information as required including answering general questions on school programs, assisting families in filling out required school forms.
- Possess a professional and courteous manner and an ability to work harmoniously with other employees, clients and the general public promoting a positive work environment.
- Performs a variety of administrative duties that may involve answering phones, maintaining student files, tracking and ordering office supplies within a required budget.
- Receives required school documents, reviews them for accuracy, processes and/or files documents according to standard procedures or instructions.
- Assist with the editing and compilation of students reports and other letters or mailings as directed by your Supervisor, Division Head or Head of School.
- Coordinate experiential learning trips which may include volunteer coordination, charter bus, air travel, airport transports reservations.
- Operates a variety of office machines such as multi-line phone systems, copiers, calculators and personal computers or other electronic devices.
- Process and distribute both internal and external mail.
- Prepares correspondence, reports and other materials from rough drafts. May compose correspondence or prepare reports with information pulled from our school database.
- Event planning which may include creating invitations, coordinating volunteers, meal planning, set up and clean up.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or higher.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 2 years administrative office experience.
- Ability to type at a rate and accuracy required by the position.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to learn assigned tasks readily and to adhere to prescribed routines.
- Proficient with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Google Docs, Google Calendar and search engines such as Chrome and Safari.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Must pass a criminal history background investigation.