Do you believe that if you change the beginning of a child’s life you can change their whole story?
At Endeavor Schools we know the power of passionate educators when it comes to unleashing children’s potential. We are a community of educators who seek to grow together in our craft knowledge to ensure that we thrive as professionals and our students thrive as learners and citizens.
As part of the Endeavor Schools Family, Montessori of Alameda is seeking a Head of School to oversee its day-to-day operations. The Head of School will be responsible for orchestrating relations with staff, students and families to build a strong sense of community and guide the operation of the school in compliance with all federal, state, accreditation, and internal regulations in an ethical manner.
- Financial & Operational Performance - Meet enrollment objectives and established metrics for school performance by planning and executing student retention and enrollment activities.
- Parent & Student Satisfaction - Implement a value-added enrichment program and nurture a culture that strives for excellence while valuing and recognizing the contributions of each and every team member.
- Compliance & Internal Processes - Ensure the school complies with all company policies as well as federal, state and local regulations and licensing requirements.
- Talent Management - Hire, develop and retain highly qualified staff as measured by education and experience, while demonstrating exceptional leadership skills, professional conduct, and communication skills.
- Growth Mindset: Models a ‘Growth Mindset’ by consistently seeking to develop one’s talents and demonstrating a passion for learning and growth.
- Hungry: Continuously strives for excellence, going above and beyond what is required to seize opportunities for the overall benefit of the organization.
- Humble: Puts the collective success of the team over one’s individual interests, easily admitting to one’s own mistakes and sharing the credit for team accomplishments.
- (People) Smart: Demonstrates good judgment when interacting with teammates, understanding one’s impact on others and adjusting one’s behavior as necessary.
- Leadership: Rallies teammates around a shared vision and provides motivation and support to reach shared objectives. Provides timely feedback, coaching, and development opportunities for staff. Serves as a role model for our core values.
- Emotional Intelligence (EQ): Cultivates the interpersonal skills and emotional discipline to forge authentic relationships with teammates in order to establish mutual trust, respect and accountability. Ability to relate joyfully and sensitively to children.
- Collaboration: Involves parents, colleagues, and partners with the community in a collaborative effort to provide seamless support for students.
- Communication: Communicates effectively with all members of community including parents and students with sensitivity, honesty, and empathy. Discusses matters with staff and leadership directly and in a professional manner.
- Organization and Time Management: Ensures that priorities are aligned with key business objectives and resources are mobilized to maximize Return on Time Invested. Focuses time and energy on value-added activities.
- Adaptability: Maintain a calm, positive, and professional demeanor even in the face of challenges and adversity.
Job Qualifications include:
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Child Care Administration or Early Childhood Education.
- Specific requirements set by minimum State standards and/or accreditation.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the field of early childhood education in an organization of comparable scope.
- A minimum of 5 years of managerial experience with strong performance results.
- AMS Certified or Montessori Experience preferred.
- Experience with revenue generation, budgets and financial accountability.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a workplace free of harassment and discrimination.