ROLE: The School Accreditation Manager supports the continuous improvement and accreditation of Montessori schools thereby strengthening the quality and professionalism of Montessori education while also building the AMS membership base. Responsibilities of the manager position span clerical duties, skillful customer service, training delivery, and relationship building while managing each step of a detailed accreditation process.
Reports to: Director of School Quality and Accreditation
Works Closely With: Pathway of Continuous School Improvement Manager, Membership Manager
Classification: Full-time (1.0 FTE); Exempt
Worksite: AMS Office in NYC
Anticipated Start Date: June 2020
To Apply: Applications with a cover letter, résumé, and salary requirements (feel welcome to include a range) will be considered.
Support Accreditation and Reaccreditation Processes for a Growing Number of Applicant Schools
Ensure that current and prospective applicants for accreditation receive relevant, timely information and are well served as their application moves to candidate status and through the accreditation process over an 18-24 month period.
Proactive customer service throughout this process necessarily includes the need to:
· Serve as first point of contact and respond promptly to written and telephone inquiries and initiate follow-up regarding the accreditation process, requirements and deadlines.
· Triage inquiries in order to appropriately direct applicant schools to the membership department and/or to engage in the Pathway of Continuous School Improvement
· Acknowledge, check, and log all applications received for completeness and accuracy, and determine eligibility for accreditation candidacy
· Maintain accurate records and track the status of each applicant as they move through the process of accreditation.
· Distribute necessary forms to schools in a timely manner.
· Process all accreditation fees.
· Schedule and conduct orientations to self-study writing and onsite visit preparation with candidate schools.
· Review school self-studies and onsite visiting team reports for completeness and accuracy.
· Update and review accredited schools’ annual reports and collaborate with the membership department to ensure annual membership reporting requirements are met
· Prepare and send out written correspondence to schools in a timely manner including candidacy letters, accredited school certificates, and accreditation agreements.
Coordinate onsite accreditation visiting teams and ensure that teams are well supported in their volunteer role.
Efficient team coordination includes the need to:
· Select the appropriate volunteers from the pool in order to create balanced school accreditation visiting teams according to the needs of each visit (school size, geographic location, legal personality, age levels served, previous experience and other volunteer expertise as needed)
· Collaborate with partner agencies on volunteer selection and management in order to provide a seamless dual accreditation process for schools
· Maintain database and contact information for accreditation teams; send out volunteer outreach emails, track responses to outreach, and compile visiting teams in a timely manner.
· Conduct training for onsite team members and provide technical support to team members or schools when questions arise during an onsite visit.
· Track school visits and team progress through regular outreach and communication with team leaders and members.
· Send out forms and related communications to volunteers and schools, (i.e., thank you letters, continuing education certificates, etc.).
· Distribute information to team members to support timely preparation and review of reports.
Provide service-oriented communications and information management
· Support collaboration between AMS staff, volunteers, and applicant schools.
· Maintain accurate, updated information in AMS database and internal project management tools.
· Support Director of School Quality and Accreditation in maintaining positive and proactive communication with cooperative accrediting associations, including ensuring that reports and accreditation decisions are shared between agencies.
· Maintain effective professional relationships and proactive communication with staff colleagues, and use knowledge of broader organizational functions to support schools in the accreditation process. This includes frequent communication with the teacher education and membership departments.
· Assist the Director of School Quality and Accreditation in the preparation of annual reporting requirements both internally in the form of board reports and annual budget review, as well as to NCPSA.
Provide support to the Director of School Quality and Accreditation for School Accreditation Commission meetings and teleconferences
· Provide clerical and logistical assistance in preparation of materials for School Accreditation Commission meetings and teleconferences
· Prepare banquet event orders for in-person meetings and review charges following the meetings for accuracy
· Take accurate minutes of School Accreditation Commission meetings and teleconferences and other related committees/task forces
· Engage in responsive and professional written and in-person communication with AMS School Accreditation Commissioners
Provide support to Director of School Quality and Accreditation for accreditation webinars, and workshops and networking events at the Annual Conference
· Provide planning and logistical support related to registration, materials distribution, and presentation of accreditation webinars
· Prepare banquet event orders for networking events and review charges following the meetings for accuracy
· Provide support at the Annual Conference for the presentation of accreditation workshops
· Provide support at the Annual Conference for non-accreditation-related tasks as needed
Provide support to Director of School Quality and Accreditation for AMS constituent relations
· Reply to inquiries about Montessori philosophy and practice and concerns about AMS member and non-member schools.
· Maintain accurate files regarding concerns about AMS member and non-member schools.
Provide information to parents seeking a Montessori School for their child by delivering accurate information about the AMS School Accreditation Process versus AMS Membership and the AMS Pathway of Continuous School Improvement.