Director of Summer Camp (AMS)
The Director of Summer Camp reports to and meets weekly with the Director of Finance. This is a part-time position.
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate anywhere from 30-60 full time division leaders, counselors, lifeguards, and specialists who implement summer camp curriculum
- Build schedule for AMS (including pricing)
- Build registration portal using software
- Maintain Summer Camp Handbook, keeping it up to date
- Manage all aspects of DOH summer camp permitting with the Director of Finance
- Organize yearly First Aid and CPR trainings
- Develop new programs, programming, and activities
- Explore ways of aligning AMS programming with Montessori principles
- Develop AMS registration materials with Communications Director and market program to BHMS and surrounding community
- Attend camp fairs and hold camp and after school open houses and lobby promotional events
Financial Record Keeping
- Submit summer camp payroll
- Develop program budgets for AMS with assistance of Director of Finance, track snack and supply purchasing, bus rental, pool rentals, and other program costs
- Maintain and further develop a system for managing purchase orders, generating attendance lists, allergy lists, and emergency contact info for students in AMS
- Track petty cash
- Maintain and further develop a system for overseeing and managing all aspects of billing (including drop-ins) and monitor accounts in arrears/strategize with Director of Finance on collection (ie: reconciliation of Camp Brain)
- Coordinate with the Director of Finance and the business office at BHMS and maintain accurate financial records
- Manage the storage and disposal of financial records
Brooklyn Heights Montessori School has an institutional commitment to the principles of diversity. In that spirit, BHMS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, physical challenge, national or ethnic origin, ancestry or any other characteristic.
To apply for this position, visit http://employment.bhmsny.org and click on the "Director of Summer Camp" link to submit your resume and application.