Our staff seeks to add a toddler directress in our active toddler classrooms that serve children ages 18 months - 36 months. Employees must have at least a 2 year degree, 4 year preferred. Montessori (AMS) training and certification preferred, but we can help the untrained person that wants to be Montessori certified. Candidate must have good moral character, good work ethic, work well with children, parents and staff. Clear written and oral communication is a must. Candidates must have knowledge and experience working with young children.
We are seeking a passionate individual that cares deeply about quality care for young children. Our toddler staff holds either Bachelors degrees and/or Montessori certification to best meet the needs of toddlers at our Southwest Omaha School. Our staff's high degree of training and qualification make them well qualified to meet the needs of the developing toddler.
- 2 or 4 year degree (preferably in education, but a related field is acceptable) (Requirement)
- CPR/First Aid certification required within first 90 days of employment
- Flexible and able to alternate changing priorities
- Experience working with young children
- Good communicator - verbal and written, for all ages
- Experience in classroom management of young children, preferred
- Experience in lesson planning
- Specialized skill a plus - music, movement, foreign language, art, etc.
- Candidates must be willing to become Montessori certified within the first 2 years of employment
What we offer: ?
- Our new teacher will work year round, 8 ½ hours per day with a 30 minute lunch. School hours are 7 AM – 6 PM.
- Pay during the first 90 day probationary period is hourly - salaried after the 90 day probationary period.
- Paid days off.
- Vacation time (1 week between Dec. 24 – Jan. 1 and 1 week during the summer session).
- We will train the right person to become Montessori certified.
Compensation Range $28,500 - $32,000 annually
Candidates should send their letter of interest and resume to the email shown. Please include your experience working with young children and pay expectations.
Prospective candidates will be of good moral character, have a 4 year degree (preferably in education, but a related field is acceptable), reliable, flexible, have experience working with young children, communicate effectively with children, learn quickly, be able to multi-task, have strong classroom management skills, staff and parents, ability to plan lessons, have a specialized skill (music, movement, foreign language, art…) and be hard-working. The toddler teacher must have a balance between educating young children and compassion as they learn to verbalize and become independent toilet learners. As our program is dedicated to teaching the Montessori philosophy, candidates should have some knowledge of Montessori and the teacher’s role in a Montessori environment.
Please fill out the application at http://www.millardmontessori.com/employment . Please send resume and cover letter with hours of availability and wage requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org