Walnut Farm Montessori School, a non-profit American Montessori Society accredited day school, currently serving children 18 months to 9 years-of-age, seeks an enthusiastic professional with experience in fundraising to be our next Director of Development. In this position, you will be in charge of our Annual Fund, play a major role in fundraising events, and work with the Head of School and Board of Trustees to shape the school’s future through capital projects and endowment growth.
This job is for you if you:
- Understand what makes fundraising in a school setting unique and deeply worthwhile.
- Know the alignment of vision and mission are essential to a school’s successful fundraising, and that such fundraising makes a real difference in the lives of children, in an inclusive, engaged, and collaborative community.
- Are simultaneously bold and practical, ambitious and in-the-trenches, adaptable and adaptive.
- Think across boundaries. You know fundraising isn’t merely about dollars and cents, but also grand vision and soaring aspiration.
- You’re an innovator with a can-do attitude, ready to do whatever it takes to realize some pretty big dreams.
- You love to collaborate, and you’re eager to work with dedicated colleagues to secure the future of a school that is at once rare, inspired, and important.
- Understand what a small shop means; you can work independently, and you’re able to pitch in as needed...however needed.
- Can build authentic relationships. You have the emotional intelligence to help donors see how their time and support will impact children — today, tomorrow, and for the rest of their lives.
- Can work with spreadsheets, analyze numbers, and do prospect research. You know that an accurate database is a friend you can’t live without.
- Find small details as engaging as big-picture strategy and analysis. Your experience has taught you that you need to do both well to be successful.
- Want to be part of a dynamic community that not only teaches character, collaboration and kindness, but actually models these traits daily for the next generation.
Specific responsibilities of the job include:
- Helping develop strategies for leadership giving and solicitation efforts that promote the long-term viability and growth of the school.
- Create, execute, and manage annual giving strategies, communications, and solicitations and grow our current Annual Fund participation and dollars.
- Organize, produce, and maintain materials and data relating to annual fund and other fundraising campaigns.
- Create and execute special events appropriate to overall annual giving strategies.
- With the school leadership, design and maintain the stewardship and cultivation of all donors and volunteers.
- Nurture and maintain a highly collaborative relationship with the Head of School, Finance Administrator, the Board Chair, and individual Trustees, supporting them in all their fundraising responsibilities, and accompanying them on donor visits when appropriate.
Walnut Farm Montessori School is committed to the work of anti-bias and anti-racism. Applicants who are dedicated to equity and justice are especially encouraged to apply.
Does this sound like you? If you are interested, please submit your cover letter, resume, and references to Head of School, Lynette Goss at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The nationally accredited Walnut Farm Montessori School provides a Montessori education honoring community and individuality by promoting peace, and empowering children for life-long learning.