Seeking Primary Environment Lead Teacher
Montessori School of Fort Myers- North and South Campus is searching for a compassionate lead teacher with a Montessori Early Childhood credential for our Primary environments to begin in August 2019. We are also seeking Montessori trained lead teachers at all age levels toddlers, early childhood and elementary.
Duties & Activities
- Maintain a safe and clean classromm and a nuturing environment. All faculty members pitch in to clean the classroom daily.
- Provide positive guidance and encouragement in each student's daily routine which may include takse such as eating, hand washing, napping and limited amount of toilet training, etc.
- Implement our Montessori Curriculum and provide you own creative ideas for fun education activities.
- Conduct record keeping in compliance with child care licensing standart, our accreditation body, and our internal polices.
- Conduct grwoth and develpment screen programs and report findings to parents.
- Develop a strong partnership with parents and encourage a high level of participation in our parent involvement programs.
- Be knowledeable of our preschool's philosophy, mission statement, and policies.
- Actively participate in faculty meetings to discuss administrative issues, curriculum planning, and more.
- We are an Accreditated School by the American Montessori Soceity, Association of Indenendent of Schools of Florida, and the National Council for Private Schools.
- We are overseen by the Florida Department of Children and Fmailies and the Early Learning Coalition of Southwest Florida.
- Therefore, our lead teacher requirements largely follow their standards and requirements.
Required: Montessori Early Childhood Credential: AMS, AMI, NAMTA, NCME and other MACTE accrediated programs. We will consider someone currently going through the training.
- A minimum of 1 year teaching experience is preferred.