The T.E.C. Schools is seeking AMS or AMI certified Children's House educators to co-teach in a mixed-age, S.T.E.A.M. integrated, Montessori environment. At T.E.C, we value innovative professionals who strive for excellence in their classrooms. If you love to challenge students and believe that your unique talents will enrich the students’ learning experience, apply now for this position!
As a co-teacher, you will work with experienced Montessori educators in a collaborative environment and impart The T.E.C. Schools’ interdisciplinary curriculum to students ages 5 - 9 years. You will anchor the kindergarten program and work closely with our community partners to complement the Montessori curriculum with high-quality, state-of-the-art, hands-on programs.
Overview of the Position:
The Lower Elementary Montessori Co-Teacher has an important role in anchoring the Lower Elementary classroom in our growing school and developing strong relationship with the lead teacher, current and prospective families, staff, community partners, Trinity Lutheran Church, and the larger T.E.C. community. At T.E.C., we believe that students flourish when there is a strong partnership between the teachers and the parents. The teacher is the advocate for the students and is responsible for maintaining a culture of excellence in the classroom. The applicant must be able to achieve set goals, work independently, take direction, incorporate feedback, and play an integral role in the success of T.E.C. Schools.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties of the Co-Teacher:
The role of a Montessori Teacher is to serve as a guide to direct students’ activities academically, spiritually, emotionally, and physically in a prepared Montessori environment that challenges each child to reach his/her fullest potential in these developmental areas, in accordance with the Montessori philosophy and procedures for the age group in which the teacher is certified.
- Understand and promote the school’s mission, objectives, and policies in a positive and supportive manner
- Develop and maintain a strong command of the curriculum and implement The T.E.C. School’s Curriculum/ Scope & Sequence that integrates S.T.E.A.M. projects and community partnership
- Ensure the welfare, safety and educational achievements of students
- Perform tasks necessary to maintain a safe, clean, orderly and attractive environment including upkeep and inventory of materials and direct students in their management of their academic and emotional needs
- Work with students of various abilities assigned to your classroom, including those diagnosed with learning differences. This may require participation in meetings, training, and planning cooperatively to fully serve each child’s needs;Complete and maintain all records, reports, evaluations, inventories, student records and tests in a timely manner as may be required by the school
- Model a respectful tone within the school community
- Attend appropriate faculty meetings and in-service days
- Participate in the annual professional evaluation and review process;
- Complete CPR and First Aid Training, (AED training offered)
- Attend and participate in school functions that relate to your position or teaching level and attend The T.E.C. Schools functions that support the school and your program
Skills, Experience and Qualities of the Ideal Candidate:
- Innovative and experienced educator with a Lower Elementary AMS or AMI certification, and is knowledgeable or willing to learn about Montessori Philosophy and S.T.E.A.M. education
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Be experienced and proactive in working with a collaborative team, while demonstrating effective written and verbal skills in various methods of communication.
- Be computer literate and apply computer skills to work effectively in Google Suite, use record keeping software recommended by T.E.C., create newsletters, and be willing to learn any other systems required for delivering a high-quality, rigorous curriculum.
- Possess strong organizational skills and be flexible to adapt to the ever evolving needs of a start-up school.
- Have the ability to manage time and prioritize tasks.
- Be a goal-oriented individual who continues to model lifelong learning by committing to professional development.
- Be able to lift boxes and materials.
- Move shelves, tables, chairs while organizing spaces
- Have a reliable vehicle and be able to drive to school
Salary and Benefits: The T.E.C. Schools offers competitive salary based on the candidate’s experience. We offer attractive benefits including paid time off as soon as 90 days of employment, vacation, holiday pay, a great tuition discount, WAM membership, and a performance bonus.