We are growing our team! Greenspring Montessori School is seeking a Middle School (Adolescent Community) Math Teacher (Guide) to join our motivated and collaborative teaching team. The Math Guide will plan, teach, and oversee all aspects of the Math curriculum within the framework of a Montessori Adolescent program. While Montessori training is preferred, the ideal candidate can execute a student-centered, project-based, innovative program and possesses a flexible mindset and approach to learning.
Adults and students in the Adolescent Community function in a community of learners in an atmosphere of mutual respect and support. The program provides a consistent, yet flexible, structure; high expectations for work and conduct; a system of accountability; opportunities for student-led learning; and a focus on ethical thinking and problem-solving. The curriculum is a project- and problem-based, writing-intensive program that promotes independence, self-direction, metacognition, and critical thinking. At its core, the collective elements of the program are a means to build community, discover passion, deepen curiosity, and provide experiences for each adolescent to engage deeply and meaningfully in self-discovery.
Greenspring Montessori School has been offering a Montessori education to students for over 50 years. Nestled on a 7-acre property that was originally a dairy farm, students ages 18 months through grade 8 thrive in our newly renovated buildings, state of the art Montessori classrooms, and rich outdoor learning environments.
- Create engaging and meaningful lessons that work to develop essential mathematical skills
- Create, manage, and evaluate authentic experiential math projects, assessments, and experiences for adolescents to engage in
- Oversee the scope and sequence of the math curriculum
- Collaborate with the other adolescent teachers to enrich the experience of the students
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of two years of teaching experience with middle schoolers
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Outstanding communication skills – both written and verbal
- Commitment to professional development and best practices in education
- Commitment to meeting the needs of each adolescent
- Montessori Adolescent Teaching Credential (from an AMI, AMS, or MACTE-accredited program)
This is a 10-month, full-time position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, dental, paid sick days and holidays, and tuition remission for qualified dependents.
Authorization to work in the United States is a pre-condition of employment at Greenspring Montessori School.
Please send your resume and cover letter as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO CALLS PLEASE.