Primary Montessori Guide
Montessori teacher for ages 3-6 year-olds.
Head of School
We are looking for a certified Montessori guide that has talent to establish a peaceful Montessori environment, offer support and guidance to young children, collaborate with experienced colleagues, and offer parents a peace of mind. This person will also be charged with bringing the “spark” by infusing the learning environment with a strong Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics enrichment using the Steam Spark curriculum. If you meet this description, please consider joining the Steam Spark Montessori Experience and becoming part of something special.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Willingness to attend and complete AMS Montessori training, funded by STEAMspark.
- Implement the Montessori philosophy and Montessori curriculum in a multi-age environment.
- Prepare and present lessons that accommodate for differences in student learning styles in a multiage setting.
- Conduct ongoing formal and informal observation and assessment of student achievement.
- Establish and maintain efficient classroom management procedures and standards of student behavior.
- Implement a variety of strategies and resources, including technology, to meet students' needs.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials and equipment that reflect an understanding of learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Create a peaceful classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social and emotional development of the students.
- Establish and maintain open and effective communication with parents, students, administration and other teachers.
- Facilitate the “spark” in the classroom.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
At least three years of experience as a classroom teacher, Montessori Guide, and/or Montessori assistant.
Montessori credential from a MACTE accredited center and/or experience (preferred)
Valid Texas Elementary Teaching Certification (preferred)
- Able to sit on the floor to present lessons.