Little City Montessori is looking to expand its program from toddler and early childhood to lower elementary and we are searching for an experienced, passionate and dedicated Lead Teacher. Little City believes children should be nurtured and celebrated as individuals in order for them unlock their love for learning and build on their natural curiosity. Understanding that movement is an important component to overall wellness, LCM combines the Montessori curriculum with yoga, dance, music and martial arts in our private 4,000 square foot activity center. Little City values the diverse backgrounds of our staff and recognize the importance of teaching the children in an inclusive environment. This role is a wonderful opportunity for an experienced teacher who is ready to take on an exciting, new challenge!
Lead Teacher Responsibilities:
- Cultivate a nurturing, respectful, inspiring, empowering, and safe learning environment.
- Work with Director of Education to provide consistency across the school
- Establish and maintain good communications with parents through parent conferences, meetings, informal communication, emails, classroom newsletter
- Demonstrate a growth mindset for professional and personal growth
- Maintain good record keeping and observation notes for each student using Transparent Classroom a record keeping tool
- Attend all school meetings and school related functions
- Prepare materials, lessons and other needs necessary for the classroom
- Engage in professional development to renew and acquire skills and stimulate teaching ideas
- Provide classroom management during work cycles, allowing them the space and environment to be successful
- Act as a constant model of grace and courtesy for students to emulate
- Maintain a professional self-image and project the values of the school at all times
- Ensure the daily care of every child by following all licensing guidelines and implementing all school standards
- Be responsible and flexible for all other duties as assigned. The role of a Montessori Teacher is many faceted and the time needed to complete necessary tasks and responsibilities on a daily basis may require additional time outside classroom hours.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College or University
- A Montessori Credential from a MACTE recognized training center
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Experience working as an elementary school teacher with three years of lead teacher, co-teacher, or junior teacher experience preferred (but newer teachers are welcome to apply)
- Engages enthusiastically with peers as members of the same team
- Strong personal communication skills and written communication skills
- All mandated clearances and trainings as required
- Ability to lift 30 lbs
- Experience with Transparent Classroom
- Ability to relate to and inspire students on their independent educational journey
- Bilingual preferred
- Ideal candidates will be eager to learn, flexible and able to adapt to any situation that arises
This is a full-time, 10-month position. We offer a competitive salary, medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, and other benefits.
Little City Montessori strives to be an inclusive community. Discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), national origin, ancestry, age or disability is illegal and will not be tolerated. Little City Montessori will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees who need them for medical or religious reasons, as required by law.
Interested candidates should send resumes to email@example.com with “Lead Teacher: Lower Elementary ” in the subject line of the email. Little City Montessori is located in Philadelphia, PA. The school is licensed by both the State Board of Private Academic Schools and the Department of Human Services, and is a member of the American Montessori Society.