June Shelton School and Evaluation Center is the largest private school providing education for average to above-average intelligent students with learning differences.
Shelton is currently accepting applications for qualified teachers interested in joining the Lower School (Pre-K thru 2nd grade) division.
Serve as teacher in the Lower School division classroom and demonstrate competent knowledge of subject matter.
Bachelor’s degree in Education or related subject required. If the degree is in a related area, the teacher must have a minimum of twelve credit hours in Education. Master’s degree and/or Montessori training are preferred. Knowledge of educating students with learning differences is preferred. Must have basic computer skills and technology.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential to the successful performance of this job. Because of the daily interaction with students and colleagues, it is essential that the person in this position maintains good attendance.
- Plan lessons and materials to implement curriculum as outlined in the curriculum guide and support new curricular programs.
- Utilize effective instructional skills based on analysis of diagnostic testing and incorporating appropriate modifications and accommodations.
- Attend parent conferences at least three times a year and other times at the request of the parent or the school administration.
- Provide an effective learning environment and clear classroom structure by adhering to all classroom structure and management guidelines as outlined in the staff handbook.
- Maintain accurate records and complete all reports thoroughly and in a timely manner, adhering to the procedures outlined in the staff handbook.
- Communicate with students in a professional, calm, and supportive manner and serve as a student advocate.
- Work as an effective team member with other faculty, new teachers, and non-teaching staff.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills with parents and colleagues.
- Fulfill other professional responsibilities as assigned. If assigned as an advisor, adhere to advisory procedures as outlined in the division handbook. If serving as department chair, complete required department chair responsibilities.
- Attend curriculum and staff meetings.
- Complete the required professional development hours annually by attending staff development/in-service programs and other training that will impact student learning and/or lead to an advanced degree.
- Supervise recess and carpool as assigned.
- Support the mission of the Shelton School by promoting the school in a positive manner and facilitating a sense of Shelton community.
- Adhere to Shelton’s and the division’s policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Shelton School is an equal opportunity employer.