Fishtown Montessori is a caring community situated in a vibrant and accessible neighborhood in Philadelphia. We offer a beautiful Montessori education to children ages 18 months through six years old in well-equipped beautiful classrooms between two buildings and a huge natural outdoor space to play. We are continuously on the lookout for dedicated professionals to join our team.
Current MACTE-accredited program students are strongly encouraged to apply to complete your year-long practicum.
- Supervise and guide children during lunch, nap or on excursions (all weather) and assist in the implementation of daily program activities together with lead and other assistant teachers
- Display professionalism when communicating with faculty, staff and students positively and effectively
- Working with children ages 18 months - 3 years OR 2.75 - 6 years in a loving and nurturing way
- Attend professional development meetings and school events as a member of the school community
- Display a loving and caring demeanor to implement positive discipline methods that align with the school’s high standards of caregiving
Preference given to candidates who have the following qualifications:
- Will commit to serving our students for at least one full school year
- Experience in a Montessori classroom
- Two years full time experience
- MACTE Accredited Montessori Credential or enrolled in training program
- High School Diploma
- The ability to lift 50lbs
- Complete a staff file according to PA regulations (we help with this)
We offer very competitive wages, paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and high quality professional development offered among other benefits. Advancement opportunities exist for dedicated professionals. Full time employees receive health benefits.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer. An open and equitable personnel system will be established and maintained. Personnel policies, procedure and practices will be designed to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religious creed, disability, ancestry, national origin, age and sex. We extend our commitment to our employees, vendors, and contracted services to include non- discrimination in regard to pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, and gender identity as well. Employment opportunities shall be provided for applicants with disabilities and reasonable accommodation(s) shall be made to meet the physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants or employees.