CHILDREN’S HOUSE ASSISTANT TEACHER
Supervisor: Lower School Director
Location: In-person instruction at the Lead Mine Campus
The Montessori School of Raleigh (MSR) seeks a Children’s House Assistant Teacher for the 2022/2023 school year beginning August 2022. Under the general direction of the Lower School Director, the ideal candidate will assist in a Children’s House (ages 3 to 6) classroom. The Montessori School of Raleigh is a competitive, independent school in the Triangle area, offering an authentic Montessori and IB program to students 15 months to 18 years. MSR is accredited by AMS and the IBO.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in early childhood or related field
- Montessori credentials preferred (AMI or AMS)
- Minimum two years teaching experience at the Children's House level
- Committed to the mission and core values of MSR, which include "respect, integrity, community, and love of learning"
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with students, colleagues, parents, and other members of the MSR community
- Flexible team player with a "can-do" attitude
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in teams with a wide range of individuals
- Committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and diverse learning community
- Student-centered, collegial, passionate, innovative
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Adhere to school guidelines and professional standards
- Ensure safety and well-being of students in the classroom
- Assist the Montessori lead teacher to challenge each child to reach his/her fullest potential academically, emotionally, and physically in a prepared Montessori environment
- Supporting the work of the classroom teacher by assisting in the preparation of activity and project materials, maintaining the inventory of the classroom, and supervising classrooms
- Maintain a supportive and collaborative partnership with administration and colleagues to assist with curriculum development and implementation within the context of the School's overall program and mission
- Provide a supportive and collaborative partnership with the Lead teacher by consistently communicating
- Participate in ongoing professional development
- Attend all required faculty and team meetings
- Participate in before-care, after-care, lunch, recess, and/or carline coverage, and parent education nights, as assigned
- Collaborate and participate within a divisional team and interdisciplinary teachers
- Maintain and participate in home/school partnership by being open to consistent communication
- Partner with Student Support Services, which is our student support program, to ensure student success and developmental readiness
- Maintain student record keeping, lesson planning, parent reports, and parent conferences, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
The school offers competitive salary and benefits. Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "CH Assistant - your last name." No phone calls please.
It is the policy of The Montessori School of Raleigh to make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications for a specific job without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national or ethnic origin, age, veteran status, or the presence of a disability, except where such is a bona fide occupational qualification. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference check from current employer (or most recent employer if not currently employed) and background investigation. All MSR personnel must be vaccinated against COVID-19.
About The Montessori School of Raleigh
Established in 1974, The Montessori School of Raleigh is a vibrant and exceptional independent Montessori school serving 370 students aged 15 months through 18 years. MSR’s beautifully designed and well-maintained Lead Mine Campus, situated on 10 acres in North Raleigh, comprises five buildings in a child-centered, village-like setting surrounded by wetlands and protected forest. Our Middle and Upper Schools are housed on an expansive 40-acre wooded campus in Brier Creek in Durham. Both sites were carefully planned and constructed to provide the nature-centered environments integral to Montessori practice.
The Raleigh-Durham area is consistently ranked among the top places to live with strong job growth and a high quality of life. Top universities, a rich diversity of arts and cultural offerings, excellent health care, and lower than average housing costs, draw people in from all over the nation. Our mild climate and proximity to both beaches and mountains makes the Raleigh- Durham area an ideal place to live.