Prairieland Montessori is seeking a Director for its school on the north side of Chicago! This center has a capacity for 38 children ages 3 months to 3 years old in a beautiful classroom environment with a foundation in eco-friendly, healthy and inclusive policies.
Prairieland Montessori is a unique Montessori program that offers an eco-friendly, healthy environment, and emphasizes community and inclusiveness. We foster a culture of healthy living, appreciation for the world around us and respect for individuality and differences. Each child will be given the opportunity to grow in his or her own way, and build a strong foundation for the future.
As the head of the center and leader of the staff, the Director will:
- Lead, coach and serve as a role model to teaching staff, and encourage open communication and collaboration.
- Recruit teachers and assistants who match our philosophy, and oversee the interview, hiring and orientation processes. Develop staff for career advancement and perform evaluations.
- Build enrollment for the center through outreach programs and marketing events. Present the best public face to prospective families and guide them through tours and registration.
- Maintain accurate and timely enrollment and family records.
- Schedule appropriate staffing for attendance and maintain employee information.
- Track expenses per the budget, and maintain accurate and current financial reporting.
- Share and discuss important goals, decisions and concerns with staff and Manager.
- Lead the center to achieve and maintain AMI/AMS membership and Eco-Healthy Child Care status.
- Ensure that all licenses and permits are current and all new requirements are met.
- Attend and actively participate in meetings, conferences, and training courses.
Your role in the Prairieland community of children, teachers, family and neighborhood requires that you:
· Foster strong relationships with everyone in the community through open, honest and frequent communication including listening to the concerns and ideas of others.
· Coach staff in respectful communications with children, families and each other.
· Create an environment that reinforces an eco-friendly, healthy and inclusive philosophy.
· Support safety and health practices in the community, and keep the environment and equipment clean and in good working order.
- Provide input to the curriculum and actively participate in enhancing our program for the children’s benefit.
- Uphold the mission, goals and policies of the center, and model the values for others.
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
- Medical insurance
- 401k with employer contribution
- Paid training and tuition reimbursement
· Montessori Teaching Certificate from an AMI or AMS accredited program. A Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- At least 21 years old
- Three to five years of management/leadership experience
- Montessori teaching experience at the toddler/ infant levels
- Disabilities training or be willing to complete within the first 6 months of employment
- Food manager training or be willing to complete within the first month of employment
- Eco-friendly mindset and the ability to promote our philosophy
- Strong leadership, coaching and collaborative skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to create partnerships with families and staff.
- Well versed in accreditation and licensing standards.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Capacity to understand and manage financial duties.
- Computer literacy including word processing and spreadsheet programs
- Experience working in an inclusive work environment and managing across differences.