Little City Montessori is a new preschool opening in September 2020. A member of the American Montessori Society, we believe children should be nurtured and celebrated as individuals in order for them unlock their love for learning and build on their natural curiosity. We are excited to be forming our team of Lead Teachers, Assistant Teachers and Aides for the upcoming school year to join us on this journey. Located in the Olde Kensington neighborhood of Philadelphia, next to Northern Liberties and Fishtown, this school occupies a completely renovated space. Little City Montessori will be a beautiful school for you to start or continue your teaching career!
Our Lead Teachers in the Primary classrooms will be responsible for their class of mixed age students, three to six years old.
Lead Teacher Responsibilities:
- Plan whole group, small group and individual lessons for all students in the classroom
- Provide a setting in which children feel safe to express independence, authentic emotions within safe limits and creative expression, responsive to changing needs of the children
- Develop and make materials when needed
- Facilitate a respectful environment for children and adults by advocating conflict resolution and Grace and Courtesy lessons
- Supervise the classroom assistant, aide, interns, substitutes, and parent volunteers; provide necessary instruction and training for those assisting in the classroom environment
- Maintain respectful and open lines of communication with parents
- Report challenges, successes and competencies of each student to the Director and/or parents on a regular basis
- Utilize the Transparent Classroom record keeping system to track the children’s progress and plan lessons
- Write newsletters to classroom parents
- Host conferences twice per year
- Partner closely with the Director of Education to plan and implement the Montessori curriculum
- Ensure the daily care of every child by following all licensing guidelines and implementing all school standards
- Maintain a professional self-image and project the values of the school at all times
- Comply with all continuing education requirements; attend all faculty meetings, scheduled staff events and school sponsored events
- Be responsible and flexible for all other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Lead teacher applicants must meet the below requirements:
- Bilingual preferred
- Experience with Transparent Classroom
- Strong interpersonal skills: The teacher should have the ability to work not only with children but with parents and other staff members as well.
This is a 10-month position, Monday – Friday. There is the opportunity to work 12 months for additional compensation. We offer a highly competitive salary and healthcare benefits for Lead teachers, in addition to other benefits.
Interested candidates should send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Lead Teacher – Primary application” in the subject line of the email. Thank you!