In this role you will be responsible for leading the mixed-age Montessori classroom of up to 22 students between the ages of 3-6 with a Montessori trained co-teacher. You will be working in a beautiful Montessori Elementary classroom surrounded by windows and a view of our forest. We are located in a modified house, which creates a wonderful home like feeling in all of our classrooms. The school is located on a 3 acre wooded campus. At Sprouting Minds Montessori School, we support the outdoors and nature learning to the fullest extent. On Wednesdays our Children's House classroom is held outside for the morning work cycle in a forest school capacity.
Teachers must meet the following basic requirements as part of their job duties
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Montessori diploma for the appropriate age group
- Experience working with children
- Love, Patience and respect for children
- Passion for Montessori
- Great team member attitude and effective communication skills
- Ability to focus on solutions, not problems with a growth mindset
- Maintain professional development at the standards of a minimum 20 hours every year
- A comprehensive background check through the justice department
- Professional, friendly and punctual
- COVID vaccination or medical exemption required
Salary ranges based on training, experience and longevity at Sprouting Minds Montessori School.
Please note our school is a Balanced Calendar school, and has a typical number of academic in school days spread out over 12 months.
Applicants, please submit cover letter and resume to:
Sammie Trent, Head of School email@example.com
Sprouting Minds Montessori School 1276 Mill Road, East Aurora, NY 14052