Private Pre-K through 8th Grade school is seeking a Physical Education Teacher for our Elementary and Middle School programs. The teaching position is full-time with a start date in August 2019. We are seeking a candidate who is experienced, organized, enthusiastic, and committed to respecting and meeting the needs of each child as a unique individual.
The Physical Education teacher conducts classes with small groups of children, aged 6-14. Established curriculum guidelines cover a variety of topics/skills. The teacher also assists in planning and accompanying the Middle School on outings. Additionally, the position provides support with playground supervision.
School is centrally located in San Diego County. We have a long history and strong reputation of providing quality education for ages 3-14. If interested in applying for this position and you meet the criteria listed below, please send your resume and a cover letter including your goals and wage expectations. (Replies will not be made to applicants who do not include the requested documents or do not meet the minimum requirements.)
The successful Candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Teaching experience in a school setting
- Experience working with elementary and middle school aged children in Physical Education
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Ability to pass TB clearance test and Live Scan
- Positive attitude when working with the children, parents, and other staff members
Preferred Candidates will have:
-Montessori school experience
-Master’s Degree in physical education field