Little City Montessori is a new preschool opening in September 2020. A member of the American Montessori Society, we believe children should be nurtured and celebrated as individuals in order for them unlock their love for learning and build on their natural curiosity. We are excited to be forming our team of Lead Teachers, Assistant Teachers and Aides for the upcoming school year to join us on this journey. Located in the Olde Kensington neighborhood of Philadelphia, next to Northern Liberties and Fishtown, this school occupies a completely renovated space. Little City Montessori will be a beautiful school for you to start or continue your teaching career!
Assistant Teacher Responsibilities:
- Support the Lead Teacher in the classroom, implementing the Montessori curriculum and planning daily activities
- Set up the classroom with the Lead Teacher every morning, greeting your students and their parents when they arrive
- Assist and eventually lead a morning routine with stories and/or songs
- Provide classroom management during work cycles, allowing them the space and environment to be successful
- Create and maintain an environment that is clean, organized and safe for all children
- Communicate with the Lead Teacher regarding all aspects of the children’s care as well as classroom management
- Act as a constant model of grace and courtesy for students to emulate
- Assist with lunchroom routine and duties
- Prep the classroom at the end of the day
- Oversight of toileting activities
- Assist and ensure safety during outdoor play
- Participate in school sponsored events
- Maintain a professional self-image and project the values of the school at all times
- Ensure the daily care of every child by following all licensing guidelines and implementing all school standards
- Be responsible and flexible for all other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Assistant teacher applicants must meet the below requirements.
- Experience in a Montessori preschool
- Bilingual preferred
- Ideal candidates will be eager to learn, flexible and able to adapt to any situation that arises
- AMS/AMI certification started (or interest in getting certified)
This is a 12-month position with a 40 hour/week schedule, though 10-month positions may be available. We offer a highly competitive salary, in addition to other benefits.
Interested candidates should send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Assistant Teacher application” in the subject line of the email. Thank you!