Montessori Children’s House (MCH) seeks a Lower Elementary teacher beginning in August 2020 for the coming school year. We are looking for an experienced educator, focused on collaboration, to join our team as a co-head teacher.
As co-head, you would share all classroom responsibilities with your co-teacher, including lesson presentations, record keeping, communication with parents, and administrative duties. Our entire teaching team works together to create an environment that aligns with the Montessori pedagogy, while blending other focuses such as Mandarin language, music, art, Creative Movement and culture studies. All of our teachers are required to attend regularly scheduled meetings, school events, and contribute to a positive school culture.
Montessori Children’s House, founded in 1976, is an independent school located on the East Side of Providence, and offers programs from Primary through Upper Elementary. By creating an environment where children can thrive, our dedicated and creative staff guides our students through a Montessori curriculum, fostering a love of learning.
To learn more about our school, please visit www.montessorichildrenshouse.org
- BA/BS degree required; MA degree preferred
- American Montessori Society (AMS) or Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) teaching credentials for Lower Elementary (6-9) required
- Willingness to work with a team
- Strong communication skills
- Competitive salary and health insuranc stipend
- Professional development opportunities
To apply, candidates should send the following information by email:
- Cover letter outlining your educational background, experience and interest
Please email information to:
Claire O’Neill firstname.lastname@example.org