Seeking Lead Montessori Toddler Teacher
We’re looking for a caring and nurturing lead toddler teacher to contribute to the school community with positivity, enthusiasm, caring, love, and respect, in an authentic Montessori environment. The ideal candidate will have experience leading a Montessori toddler classroom and a MACTE accredited AMS affiliated primary teaching credential, however, we would be willing to sponsor the right candidate to attend teacher training if it's a great fit.
This is a ten month, full-time position with options for summer work as well.
The Lead Toddler Teacher responsibilities include:
- Support and create harmonious school and classroom environments by working as a team with all stakeholders
- Establish and maintain a high-quality classroom environment by implementing the Montessori philosophy and pedagogy in an authentic manner
- Conduct effective record-keeping of children’s progress
- Report children's’ progress to parents in written reports and through conferences three times per year and as needed
- Participate in parent-education efforts by sending a weekly class email/newsletter and working with other teachers to lead parent education nights 2-3 times per year
- Participate in professional development and community/relationship-building events beyond the school day as outlined on the staff calendar
- Effectively build relationships with assistant teachers and other staff members to maintain and sustain a harmonious school atmosphere
- Guide, train, and direct assistant teachers to support the implementation of an authentic Montessori practice including effective classroom management
- Understand, support and abide by the policies of the school as outlined in the Staff Handbook
- Understand, support and abide by health and safety and state regulations
- Maintain a current staff file at all times
- Montessori Teaching Credential from AMS, AMI, or MACTE accredited institution; OR completed Montessori teacher training coursework from an AMS, AMI, or MACTE accredited institution.
- Minimum Education: Associates degree with a minimum of 30 credit hours in Early Childhood or related field.
- 1 year minimum experience leading a classroom.
- Candidate must have the ability to lift 50 lbs.
Our Salary and Benefits include:
Very competitive wages, health benefits, paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and high quality professional development offered among other benefits.
Please apply by sending your resume, cover letter, and three professional references to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. An open and equitable personnel system will be established and maintained. Personnel policies, procedure and practices will be designed to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religious creed, disability, ancestry, national origin, age and sex. We extend our commitment to our employees, vendors, and contracted services to include non- discrimination in regard to sexual orientation, gender, and gender identity as well. Employment opportunities shall be provided for applicants with disabilities and reasonable accommodation(s) shall be made to meet the physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants or employees.