Sea Pines Montessori Academy, established in 1968 and South Carolina's first Montessori school, sits at the south end of the island nestled between a martitime forest preserve and the Atlantic Ocean. We serve children, ages 12 months to 8th grade, from 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. In addition to academic rigor, we offer: group music, art studio, Spanish, Suzuki piano, Suzuki violin, soccer, tennis, golf, fitness, Cross Country, Basketball, Volleyball, Golf, National Junior Beta Club, science fair, and community outreach. Our 6th, 7th, and 8th graders also participate in Montessori Model United Nations.
This role would require that you feel comfortable teaching math, science, English and history using the Montessori method for a group of year 7 and year 8 students. We are looking for a highly effective and engaging teacher who has the ability to differentiate between the different ages and academic abilities within the class.
Middle school teacher/classroom details:
- -8:00 am - 4:00 pm teacher hours,
- -Grade 7-8 students
- -Outdoor porch
- -Laptop for use in and out of the classroom,
- -Equipment for making materials (large/small laminator, varying copiers, paper cutters, cricut, and art studio),
- -100% paid health insurance,
- -Discount for child [where applicable],
- -7 PTO days for personal leave
- -An average of 20 paid holiday/school closing breaks plus summers
Please reply to Susanna Myburgh, Head of School, at email@example.com with a cover letter, resume, and salary history. SPMA is an equal opportunity employer. www.seapinesmontessori.com