The Montessori teachers at Gateway Montessori are guides who help direct his/her students’ activities academically, spiritually, emotionally, and physically in a prepared Montessori environment that challenges each child to reach fullest potential in thesedevelopmental areas, in accordance with Montessori philosophy and procedures for the age group in which the AMS certification is held. The teacher is also responsible formaintaining the operation of the classroom in accordance with State of MI guidelines, the Department of Human Services rules, and Department of Health guidelines and requirements.
The Montessori teacher performs his/her services under the direction and supervision of the Head of School.
Qualifications: Lead teachers should have AMS certification for the level in which they teach and a four year college degree. Good interpersonal skills are necessary. The teacher should have the ability to work not only with children but with parents and other staff members aswell. A positive and open attitude toward all children is a requirement.
- Responsible for preparation of the classroom environment, materials and equipment; ensures that all materials are in good repair and all sets complete. Develops and makes materials when needed.
- Plan and implement the Montessori curriculum. Give appropriate presentations and establish a record keeping system to track the childrens' progress.
- Supervise the classroom assistant, aide, interns, substitutes, and parent volunteers. Provide necessary instruction and training for those assisting in the classroom environment.
- Promote good communication among staff members.
- Facilitate a respectful environment for children and adults by advocating conflict resolution and Grace and Courtesy lessons.
- Stay within classroom budget every year.
- Ensure respectful and open lines of communication with parents. Be available to parents through written communication, setting up conferences, and educating parents in Montessori philosophy.
- Plan and host Parent Education events twice a year.
- Assist in the planning and maintenance of the outdoor environment.
- Assess prospective children when they visit the school.
- Provide first aid as needed and complete appropriate forms for parents.
- Comply with all continuing education requirements.
- Attend all faculty meetings and scheduled staff events
- Be a community leader, responsible for the school in the absence of an Administrator.
This is an 8-4pm position Monday - Friday. Staff meetings are held monthly in the evenings. Compensation will be based on level of experience. Bonuses, including sign-on bonus, and paid time off are available. Looking to hire immediately.
Apply to email@example.com.