The Springs was founded in 1966 as a private school to provide Montessori classes for children in the Northern Virginia area. Since that time, The Springs has seen major growth. In 1984, The Springs expanded to include a licensed Full Day Program. In 2014, the school again expanded to include an Infant and Toddler Montessori program. In 2016, The Springs opened an Elementary Program. The Springs has the largest Montessori Infant and Toddler Program in Northern Virginia. The school current serves approximately 225 students.
The Springs, A Montessori School, located in Springfield, Virginia, is looking for an Elementary I/II Teacher. The Springs is an accredited Montessori school located in Northern, Virginia just outside the nation's capital. The position is for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school and will start as soon as possible.
The Springs is looking for a creative, motivated, and dedicated individual who has a passion for working with children and the Montessori philosophy. The successful candidate will be responsible for co-teaching in a mixed-age classroom comprised of 17-23 students (grades 1-5). Responsibilities include but are not limited to giving Montessori lessons, observations, daily record keeping, communicating with parents across various mediums, parent education, training and managing assistant faculty, and most importantly providing care and support to all children. Hours are 8:00 am – 4:00 pm with occasional evening meetings and at least two weekend events a year. The Springs is a growing school with great opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
- MACTE Certified Elementary I/II Montessori Credential*
- Bachelor's Degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A commitment to our mission values of peace, independence, love of learning, and respect
- Flexibility and commitment to working in a team atmosphere
- Comfortable with electronic record keeping
- Willingness to work during Summer Camp (preferred)
- Salary: $42,000-$54,000 depending on experience and level of education*
- 4 weeks paid vacation*
- 10 personal days*
- 401k (w/employer) matching
- Health Insurance
- Vision, Dental, Short-Term Disability
- Tuition Assistance for Continuing Education
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Performance Bonuses
- Montessori Membership Dues
- Paid Planning Time
- Visa Sponsorship
* Details reflect 12 month employees and differ slightly for 10-month employees.
To apply, please send us your resume, cover letter, and references to:
The Springs, A Montessori School
Attn: Daniel Clifford, Head of School
7719-D Fullerton Road
Springfield, Virginia 22153
or via email to email@example.com