Ongoing until position is filled
We are hiring a Directress to join our Cardinal Bernardin Montessori Academy community for the 2020-21 school year. The Directress will lead a Primary (3-6) Montessori classroom. The position is a full-time opportunity to work with children, an amazing team, and to receive great benefits.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge and application of Montessori principles
- Create and maintain a neat, well-organized, and attractive prepared environment that fosters and showcases Montessori learning
- Supervises and supports Teacher Assistant – offering guidance and support by providing presentations as needed, mentoring in the Montessori philosophy and maintaining regular productive dialogue
- Keep daily, weekly, and monthly lesson plans which describe lessons given, curriculum covered and observation notes for each child and turn them in when directed
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, school policies, and regulations
- Make materials when and where needed and maintain classroom materials
- Develop close and effective relationships with parents to regularly support their children’s progress
- Participate in professional activities prepared by the, Principal which includes workshops, meetings, and planning
- Bachelor’s degree
- AMI, AMS, NCME and/or MACTE credential 3-6 is preferred, but we will provide a paid internship in pursuit of completion of Montessori credential.
- Effective communicator, verbal and written, with children and adults
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to a variety of settings and environments
- Basic understanding of a child’s cognitive, physical, social, and emotional development
- Archdiocesan benefits eligible
AMI, AMS, NCME and/or MACTE credential 3-6 is preferred, but we will provide a paid internship in pursuit of completion of Montessori credential. Professionals from traditionally underserved backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
About the Employer
Cardinal Bernardin Montessori Academy seeks a cheerful, gentle and energetic individual to lead students aged three to six.
Located on a beautiful 2-acre urban campus in Lincoln Park, Chicago, Illinois
Large, airy classrooms, dedicated parents, pleasant work atmosphere, competetive salary and excellent benefits including ongoing paid professional development.
Cardinal Bernardin Montessori Academy has paved the way as a successful model for private Catholic education for over 20 years. Of the thousands of private and hundreds of public Montessori schools in the United States, there are only about 25 private, Catholic Montessori Schools in the entire country. Cardinal Bernardin Montessori Academy is the only Catholic Montessori School in the Archdiocese of Chicago.
MISSION: inspire, nurture, and empower children to live up to the full promise of their individual and unique talents and capabilities and to support their parents through an educational model that combines Montessori education with a Catholic environment.
VISION: To launch students into life as faithful, independent, compassionate and respectful members of society who are prepared for academic, social and emotional success and who use their freedom wisely.
Send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com
Please be prepared to provide two letters of recommendation and two professional references on request.