Montessori Children’s School is seeking a Montessori Curriculum Coordinator to join our dynamic staff. MCS is located in Jacksonville, North Carolina and serves children ages 1 to 12 years. We have an exceptional Montessori community, a strong school Board, financial health and a diverse and supportive parent body. The school is a nonprofit organization and has been thriving since 1997.
We seek an individual with a clear understanding of Montessori principles and strong communication skills who can help maintain the high standards and integrity of our Montessori program. The Montessori Curriculum Coordinator will possess a BA or BS from an accredited college or university and an AMI or AMS credential, preferably at two planes of development. The ideal candidate will possess an M.Ed or equivalent advanced degree and 3+ years supervising Montessori staff in a Montessori setting.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interview and hire Montessori trained teachers as needed.
- Supervise and support guides and assistants to ensure the proper implementation of the Montessori philosophy in each environment.
- Conduct teacher evaluations and observe classrooms on a regular basis.
- Oversee the review, analysis, and assessment of student achievement.
- Create and implement guidelines for the transitioning of children to the next plane of development.
- Create and implement a sound parent education program.
- Plan, develop, schedule, and/or provide in-service training.
- Meet all prospective parents, conduct school tours, and manage orientation for new families.
- Work closely with the Ececutive Director and other members of the Administrative Team.
- Understand and promote the MCS vision, mission, and goals to students, parents, and community.
- Collaborate with Executive Director to assess and approve family admissions
- Attend all staff meetings and other meetings as required.
- Attend in-service and professional development offerings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Please direct any questions or send cover letter and resume to:
MCS Hiring Search Committee