We are seeking a warm, dedicated, trained part-time Head Teacher to guide the learning experience for students and parents in our Infant Toddler program for the 2019-2020 school year. The Head Teacher's goal is to establish and maintain a positive, caring environment in the class, to provide sensitive support to each child and to challenge each child to reach his/her fullest potential in each development area, in accordance with the Montessori philosophy.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and implement an individualized/differentiated learning plan in order to meet the cognitive, social, emotional and spiritual growth of each infant/child/parent in your class. Implement strategies and accommodations to support student learning. Provide students/parent with timely, clear and constructive feedback.
- Develop parent educational piece for program based child development in collaboration with the Program Coordinator and Educational Director.
- Observe, plan and implement the Chiaravalle curriculum consistent with the Montessori Method and principles. Include best practices based on current research in child development and education, which are appropriate to the learning objectives for the particular age group.
- Prepare and maintain a clean and orderly Montessori environment in which the furnishings and materials are complete, appealing and appropriate to the needs of the age group.
- Teach monthly infant parenting class to incoming and current Chiaravalle families.
Qualifications needed are:
- A Bachelor's degree in Education or related field is required.
- Montessori certification 0-3 Infant/Toddler is required.
- At least 2 years+ experience teaching 0-3 Infant/Toddler group is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- First Aid and CPR training is preferred.
Part-time 18-20 hours/week
Job Type: Part-time