Elementary Program Specialist
ABOUT THE POSITION
Mission Montessori is seeking an Elementary Program Specialist to provide administrative support and leadership to our growing elementary program. At Mission, we believe our goal as educators is to help each child become a passionate member of the human community who is confident, creative, and flourishing. We pride ourselves on taking our mission to heart and having a school culture that supports our mission. We know that our students thrive when we, as adults, feel passionate about our work and create an environment where we also feel confident, creative, and flourishing.
In this role, you will be a member of our campus leadership team, working to support the processes and procedures our elementary program needs to function smoothly. If you’re successful in this role, families will be thrilled with their experience at Mission Montessori and teachers will feel like they can focus on what they do best: teaching.
- Being a daily presence at our school to support teachers, students, and parents in our elementary community.
- Conducting meetings with our elementary team to ensure they are getting what they need to be successful.
- Overseeing communication to families for our elementary program, including helping to onboard families joining the program.
- Planning, organizing, and leading our calendar of elementary community events, field trips, and camping trips.
- Supervising recess daily to ensure children are safe and best practices are being implemented by our recess team.
- Supporting our elementary after-school program, including teaching one class per week.
- Planning and implementing Standardized Testing for our elementary program.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher level of education)
- A passion for education and working with children
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, with a high attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills, including an ability to manage multiple priorities and work under pressure
- Exemplary customer service skills and a collaborative working style
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment and on-the-spot decision making
- Not required, but bonuses!
- Classroom experience
- A Montessori background
Learn more and apply: www.missionmontessori.org/join-our-team
ABOUT MISSION MONTESSORI
Located in a beautiful historic building in San Francisco’s bustling Mid-Market neighborhood, Mission Montessori is San Francisco’s only Montessori school with programs for children from infancy through elementary. We offer competitive salaries, paid health insurance, paid vacation and holidays, a 401(k) retirement plan, professional development opportunities, tuition discounts, beautiful working environments, and the opportunity to work with a passionate community of educators from all over the world.
If this sounds like the right environment for you, we welcome you to apply!