Gateway Montessori Head of School Search
Seeking an experienced and visionary Montessori leader starting in the 2020-2021 school year.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter by March 13, 2020 to the following email: email@example.com
Gateway Montessori School at a glance:
- Established: 1970
- Location: Downtown Birmingham, MI; a vibrant suburb of Detroit
- Ages: Infant through Primary
- Classrooms: 1 Infa nt (3-18 months); 3 Toddler (18 months - 3 yrs.); 3 Primary (3-6 yrs.)
- Current Enrollment: 84 students with full enrollment and active waitlist
- Operating budget: $1.2 Million
- Staff: 28 full and part-time lead, assistant and specialist teachers
- Memberships: American Montessori Society, Michigan Montessori Society, early childhood licensing through Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
The Gateway Opportunity
Gateway Montessori School enjoys a unique place in the suburban Detroit landscape of educational opportunities. Positioned as a premier preschool of choice for the area, Gateway enjoys full enrollment with a solid waitlist of applicants. Students enjoy successful transitions to a variety of exceptional independent and public schools nearby including Cranbrook, Roeper, Detroit Country Day, Academy of the Sacred Heart and Birmingham City Schools. Gateway adheres to the true principles of Montessori education, providing students with a solid foundation for their continued learning and human development.
Desired leadership traits of the Head of School include:
- being a good listener; capable of handling diverse thoughts and opinions in a respectful manner befitting the Montessori spirit.
- being a thoughtful yet decisive decision-maker; considering multiple perspectives while acting in the best interest of the school community.
- fostering a spirit of compassion, patience, kindness, and humility.
- possessing a legacy of professional leadership and personal integrity.
Desired professional qualities include:
- an understanding and respect for Montessori educational practices.
- excellent administrative and managerial skills with financial acumen.
- an ability to articulate a vision and compelling purpose for Montessori education.
- excellent writing and speaking skills; able to deliver thoughtful and proactive communication to the school community.
The Gateway Head of School represents a unique career opportunity for an experienced, confident and capable educational leader. The ideal candidate will be a community builder and unifier; fostering trust among a supportive and engaged parent community while supporting and developing a staff of committees and experienced Montessori educators. Interested candidates are urged to apply by March 13, 2020.