The Williamsburg Montessori School is located in a beautiful waterfront campus in the baby-booming Williamsburg area of Brooklyn, NY. We have a current enrollment of 130 preschool through early elementary children. We are committed to the authentic Montessori method of education from the earliest stages of life and development. It is important for us to find a candidate that is sensitive, patient, organized, reliable and qualified to meet the needs of the school.
Lead Montessori Guide responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Has the knowledge to determine what, where, when, why and how to present all aspects of the Montessori curriculum (academic, social, and emotional to the children in their classroom.
- Designs and implements the setup of the classroom involving the classroom assistant.
- Defines and initiates presentations to individual or small groups of children delegating appropriate recurring presentations such as dressing, eating and toileting to the assistant who has mastered these topics.
- Gives all individual and small group presentations of work, while the assistant observes and supports the remaining children in the classroom as they work.
- Spends the majority of the day planning presentations to give to individual children, observing the children, and making the presentations,
- Creates materials and re-calibrates the plan for the next school day by reflecting on his/her observations of the children’s work and behavior during that day, The LMG will encourage the assistant to discuss his/her observations of the children as well.
- Ensures that children’s progress is recorded and maintained regarding which aspects of the curriculum have been presented, practiced and mastered.
- Completes parent/teacher conference materials, incorporating observations and insights that have emerged through a review of the child’s progress in daily discussions with the assistant.
- Conducts parent conferences using the WMS protocol.
Education and Credentials Required:
- Has earned Montessori Certification in the age group (0-3, 3-6, 6-9) that corresponds to the age group that she/he is leading. (Or is actively engaged in a Montessori training program and will receive the credential in an agreed upon period of time.)
- Holds a BA or MA in early childhood education and has NYS early childhood certification. (Or, is actively engaged in a study plan to obtain these credentials within an agreed upon period of time.)
- Has extensive and specialized knowledge of Montessori philosophy and curriculum, early childhood education and child development theory, research. and best practices.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract