Blue Hill Montessori School (BHMS) is seeking a strong, dynamic, and supportive Assistant Head of School to move the program forward in its mission to provide young children with the warm, stimulating, child-centered Montessori philosophy inspired by Dr. Maria Montessori.
Located in the historic Ponkapoag Grange building in Canton, MA, Blue Hill Montessori School currently serves over 50 children, ages 15 months through six years, in two Children’s House classrooms and one Toddler House classroom. The BHMS community values its experienced early childhood educators, parent involvement, cultural diversity, and continuing education for its faculty and staff.
BHMS is a not-for-profit organization governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. Blue Hill Montessori is an accredited member school of the American Montessori Society (AMS) and Montessori Schools of Massachusetts (MSM). The school adheres to the rules and regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (EEC).
The Assistant Head of School (AHOS) is responsible to the Head of School (HOS). The AHOS must manage the school on a day-to-day basis in a way that meets the educational goals and mission of the school as set by the Board of Directors in accordance with its Montessori philosophy of education.
The Assistant Head of School has broad responsibilities that encompass early childhood education and care, faculty and staff supervision, day-to-day management and overall administration, and Board participation, including, but not limited to:
- Coordinating maintenance needs of the school building and grounds;
- Maintaining faculty and student records and files as required by EEC;
- Taking inventory and placing orders for supplies needed for the school's operating needs;
- Contributing to the school's weekly newsletter;
- Designing and maintaining the marketing and recruitment needs of the school; and
- Organizing and leading internal and admissions events.
Requirements and Preferences:
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education or related field - required
- Minimum of five years experience in Early Childhood Education - required
- MA Department of EEC Director I or II level certification- required
- One year Educational Administration experience - preferred
- Montessori experience - preferred
Competetive benefits are available.
This position is a full-time, twelve month position to begin Summer of 2020 (COVID-19 dependent).