Shrewsbury Montessori School is seeking a warm, engaging, and enthusiastic Music teacher for preschool through grade 6 for the 2020-2021 school year. This part-time position is based at our Shrewsbury campus and attendance at occasional evening school events and after school staff meetings is also required.
The ideal candidate:
- has 3-5 years of experience teaching Music in a preschool and/or elementary school setting including vocal, instrumental, and drama instruction
- has produced student musical performances
- is comfortable using technology in order to enhance the learning experience
- is able to plan and deliver the engaging curriculum through remote learning methods should the need arise
- is able to collaborate with colleagues to ensure consistency of the program, to develop curriculum and to coordinate activities and interdisciplinary projects
- is self-directed with a strong work ethic
- has excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree (preferred)
- Montessori experience (preferred)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the Subject: “Music Teacher Application: Your Name.” No phone calls or solicitations please.
SMS is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, and skills. SMS will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All such discrimination is unlawful and contrary to SMS values and will not be tolerated by SMS. SMS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.