Parkside Montessori is looking for a Lower Elementary (6-9) teacher to join our growing public Montessori school. We’re looking for educators who are passionate, equity-minded, and inspired by great professional development potential–an expanding program, personal and professional growth, and salary and benefits exceeding private schools.
Make an Impact
- Become a strong voice amongst a highly-engaged community of constructivist teachers committed to learning and implementing the Montessori philosophy in an inclusive public school environment - We believe in Montessori for ALL!
- Help to actively shape the vision for our brand new Middle Years program, opening Fall 2021
- Have a hand in determining the needs of the TK-8 program and facilities going forward
Develop Your Career
- Not Montessori trained? Benefit from paid, MACTE approved training and on-site trained teachers, including a Montessori Coach to support your development
- Montessori trained? Earn your California credential with financial support from Parkside
- Montessori Adolescent Program - We will be hiring and training Adolescent program teachers (7-8) starting in Fall of 2022
Benefit Your Future
- Earn a competitive salary that exceeds the level of private schools in the region
- Access comprehensive benefits provided by the San Mateo Foster City School District including: paid sick leave, medical/dental/vision insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement plans, and more
SMFCSD Salary Schedules SMFCSD Benefits
Ready to join us? Email a cover letter and resume to Parkside Montessori Head of School, Nima Tahai: email@example.com. Want to learn more? Visit Parkside Montessori’s website: http://parkside.smfcsd.net/.
About Parkside Montessori
Parkside Montessori currently serves approximately 270 children, TK through 5th grade and is expanding to become a TK through 8th grade program. We are thrilled that our first 6th graders will remain in their Upper Elementary classrooms for the 2021-2022 school year. We look forward to opening our Adolescent Program for grades 7 and 8 in Fall 2022. By 2025, we aim to become accredited by the American Montessori Society while our staff continues to ensure academic proficiency on Common Core Standards through Montessori instruction. We strive to uphold the essential elements set forth by the National Center for Montessori in the Public Sector. Join us and help us build a model public Montessori elementary and adolescent program option for all students in San Mateo and Foster City.