Valley Village Montessori School is dedicated to supporting the highest potential of each child in a nurturing and safe environment that will foster intellectual and emotional growth while creating independence and inner discipline through exploration in the Montessori classroom. We support every child in becoming a joyful and courageous agent of peace, builder of community and creator of justice and beauty. We are a private, non profit Montessori school governed by a Board of Directors and located on a beautiful church campus in Valley Village, CA. We offer an enriched environment with programs based on the educational philosophies of Dr. Maria Montessori and are looking for a wonderful candidate to join our passionate and nurturing team of educators!
- Assist the Lead Teacher in observing the classroom to ensure that the students remain peacefully engaged throughout the work cycle.
- Support children in completing their Montessori works, as trained and directed by the Lead Teacher.
- Assist children with social and personal hygiene skills, as needed.
- Share any observations regarding student development with the Lead Teacher.
- Model integrity, curiosity, responsibility, creativity and respect for all persons, as well as an appreciation for racial, cultural and family diversity.
- Organize snack schedule and communicate snack needs to assigned families on a weekly basis.
- Actively participate in staff meetings.
- Interact in a professional and positive manner with other staff members and parents.
- Comply with Valley Village Montessori's Confidentiality and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Comply with all policies and procedures included in the VVM personal policies and Handbook.
We have modified our program based on state and local guidelines for best practices to ensure a safer environment for our students and staff during COVID19. We look forward to welcoming a new member to our wonderful team!