Wonderland Montessori Academy is seeking a MACTE certified candidate for Pedagogical Advisor at our Flower Mound, Texas location. Wonderland is currently going through the AMS Pathway for accreditation at each of our year-round campuses, serving families with children ages 0-6, as well as an elementary after-school program.
The Pedagogical Advisor supports the faculty and administration in a diverse and flourishing community of children, parents and staff. Candidates should hold an AMI or AMS Diploma for at least one level (0-3 or 3-6) and a minimum Bachelor's Degree, have a minimum of 3 years of experience in an authentic Montessori environment as a lead guide, administrator or combination, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a passion for sharing the Montessori method.
- Observes each environment regularly, sharing observations and reflections with lead guides
- Interviews and evaluates candidates for open positions
- Coordinates and leads monthly level meetings (0-6) with lead guides
- Develops and presents (as applicable) parent trainings
- Coordinates student placements and transitions (keep enrollments balanced by environment) including phase-in schedules
- Ensures compliance with Montessori organization and maintains necessary paperwork
- Oversees maintenance of environment inventories and submits materials requests
- Makes sure there are supplies available for material making (Sewing machine, sewing kits, different fabrics, laminator functioning properly, laminating pouches, etc)
- Provides tours
- Provides Montessori content for publication twice per year
- Coordinates continuing education and maintains records for staff to ensure compliance (pedagogical, medical, operations etc)
- Manages the admissions process including tours and enrollment, and technology
- Represents Corporate decisions and policies to parents when appropriate and communicates parent concerns and suggestions
- Shares administrative responsibility for opening and closing duties of the school with Head of School and School Support
Wonderland Montessori Academy offers competitive compensation, tuition discounts for eligible dependents, professional development, paid time off, health, dental & vision insurance, 401k match.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Pavithra Rajendran at email@example.com.