Kennebec Montessori School provides children with an educational program, rooted in the philosophy of Maria Montessori, that nurtures a love of learning and fosters respect for self, others, and the environment. KMS is the oldest Montessori school in the state of Maine; the only non-denominational, alternative Elementary school in the greater Waterville area; and accredited by the American Montessori Society since 2007.
The Kennebec Montessori School is hiring a part-time support person for multi-age Primary classrooms (ages 3-6) to start ASAP. The support person will be responsible for early morning before care supervision (7:30 am - 8:30 am) and Primary classroom support from 10:45 am - 1:30 pm. The successful candidate will be a warm, flexible, resourceful team member who appreciates children and can assist them in self-directed learning.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as a team with the Head Teachers and Assistant Teachers to provide a calm and pleasant learning environment for children ages 3 to 6
- Share responsibility for the safety and well-being of students enrolled in the program
- Perform tasks necessary to maintain a clean, orderly and attractive classroom
- Assist with before-care activities
- Foster an environment of cooperation and community, based on the Montessori philosophy
- Model excellent language and communication skills
- Participate in ongoing professional development and training
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Minimum of 1-3 years of classroom experience;
- Experience working with children essential;
- Knowledge of Montessori is highly desirable.
- Position based in Fairfield, Maine.
- Hourly, part- time position (M-F, 7:30 - 8:30 am and/or 10:45 am - 1:30 pm)
- 18.75 hours per week
- Salary range is $12 - $14/hr, commensurate with experience.
Please submit a cover letter and resume (in one file) to email@example.com with “Part-Time Primary Support Person” in the subject line. No calls please.
The Kennebec Montessori School is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation in administration of its educational policies, admission or hiring policies and other school administered programs.