Preprimary (3-6) Lead Montessori Teacher
Ohr Torah Cincinnati seeks an experienced Montessori Early Childhood certified teacher to lead a preprimary environment (children ages 3-6) for the 2021-2022 School Year. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned professional, but we are also open to exploring less experienced candidates who possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, are willing to partner with parents, and demonstrate the desire to collaborate with a dedicated educational team to provide a nurturing authentic Montessori program for our students. Training, moving costs, and other benefits are available for the candidate we believe will be a valuable addition to our school.
Located next to a 13.5-acre wooded park, Ohr Torah is an established, mission-driven organization that has provided fully implemented Montessori education for children and families for over 7 years. We currently serve toddlers (18 months) through 8th grade. As an employer that cares deeply for our faculty and staff, we offer competitive compensation for both full-time and part-time positions. The Ohr Torah Cincinnati staff work together to foster a culture of kindness, collaboration, support, and growth.
All interested candidates should send a resume, three references, and a cover letter to the attention of Kathy Farfsing, Assistant Head of School, Director of Learning & Growth, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Montessori Teacher Responsibilities:
- Creating and maintaining a safe, clean, and beautiful classroom where all children feel engaged, nurtured, and valued.
- Developing lessons, curriculum, and methods to meet the individual child’s needs.
- Observing, guiding, supervising, and assessing children while they learn in the classroom environment.
- Building rapport and establishing student and parent trust.
- Setting an excellent example for students by modeling and instilling the values of honesty, accountability, respect, and kindness.
- Monitoring and assessing student progress and writing reports.
- Ensuring classroom supplies and equipment are available, clean, organized, and in working condition.
- Updating records on the school database and handling various other classroom administrative tasks.
Montessori Teacher Requirements:
Completed training at an accredited Montessori Teacher Training Center.
Additional courses or training in education would be advantageous.
Excellent planning and organizational skills.
A lifelong learner who can be a good role model for children.
About Ohr Torah Cincinnati
Ohr Torah Cincinnati (OTC) in Cincinnati, Ohio is a Jewish independent Montessori school that serves toddlers through eighth grade. We focus on fostering and infusing a true love for learning in all that we do and an appreciation and awe for learning across all subject areas and throughout every aspect of the children’s day. Specifically, we provide a carefully planned, stimulating, and structured learning environment along with an integrated, robust curriculum across and within Judaic and Montessori General Studies. Our approach to learning builds independence in students and honors the innate yearning for discovery inherent in all people.