Lower Elementary Montessori Lead Teacher (Immediate Opening)
Shrewsbury Montessori School (SMS) seeks a full time Lower Elementary Teacher/Guide (ages 6-9) for the 2020-2021 school year. Founded in 1972, Shrewsbury Montessori is one of the biggest AMS school in Massachusetts, accredited by AISNE and AMS, serving PreK to Grade 6 students on two campuses. SMS is seeking a highly motivated Lower Elementary Montessori Guide who will be responsible for providing a nurturing, productive learning environment in keeping with the mission and vision of the school.
The ideal candidate:
- excels at preparing the classroom environment, taking responsibility for creating and maintaining an orderly, safe, and appropriately challenging learning environment for students
- has a background education and enjoys working with students ages 6-9
- is able to ensure the physical and emotional safety and well-being of the students
- is a team player who is willing to take direction from the lead teacher
- is organized, flexible, efficient, creative, comfortable with technology, and a problem-solver
- has a working knowledge of the elementary content in all subject areas
- is able to model integrity, curiosity, and respect
- is an excellent communicator, interacting with children, families, and coworkers in a warm, compassionate, empathetic, and confident manner
- The position requires attendance at occasional evening school events, overnight school trips and monthly after school staff meetings.
- Due to the potential for a mandated school building closure during the 2020-2021 school year, the successful candidate should also be prepared to transition to a distance learning program model if needed.
- Bachelor's Degree or beyond in related field
- Montessori certification for ages 6-9 or in training (preferred)
- Willingness to undertake training
- Massachusetts Educator License for Grades 1-3
- Experience working in a Montessori classroom
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the Subject: “Lower Elementary Lead Teacher: Your Name.” No phone calls or solicitations please.
SMS is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, and skills. SMS will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All such discrimination is unlawful and contrary to SMS