Lower Elementary Opening
The Montessori School of Waukesha (MSOW) is seeking a Lower Elementary Guide for the 20/21 school year. MSOW is located on 9 acres 25 minutes southwest of Milwaukee, and is the only AMS Accredited School in Wisconsin. Teachers are part of a professional Montessori community accompanied with a supportive parent community. Benefits include competitive salary, retirement fund match, health and dental insurance, life insurance and professional development opportunities. MSOW houses Global Montessori Educators Institute, a training center for Montessori guides from Infant/Toddler through Secondary training. MSOW supports Montessori guide training and professional development. Please contact Michelle Krauska, Interim Executive Director (email@example.com) with cover letter and resume or call MSOW at (262) 547-2545 to schedule an initial meeting.
Elementary Montessori Classroom Lead
Montessori School of Waukesha
Waukesha, WI 53188
Competitive salary and benefits package including:
Voluntary Life Insurance
401-K with company match
Discounted Child Care and Tuition
Paid Time Off –Vacation, Sick, Personal, Holidays
Elementary Classroom Lead – Full Time
REPORTS TO: Program Director
- Montessori Certification for children ages 6 to 9 required.
- Department of Public Instruction Licensure for the state of Wisconsin preferred
- MSOW will assist in obtaining licensure for qualified candidates
- Knowledge of and ability to articulate Montessori Philosophy and method of education.
- Knowledge of child development and educational concepts.
- Organizational abilities including self-direction.
- Ability to facilitate a parent-educator partnership.
- Ability to plan and implement group and individualized activities.
- Ability to provide a suitable match between assessment of the child and appropriate development of activities.
- Carry out initial introduction to lessons in the areas of math, language, and cultural subjects.
- Maintain an attractive, well-ordered, and prepared environment that appeals to the child and supports learning.
- Design materials to meet the needs and interests of children with varying abilities.
- Observe and assess each child’s progress, and maintain a chronological record of all relevant observations.
- Guide each child providing opportunities to choose, problem-solve, make decisions, and accept responsibility.
- Maintain proactive and responsive communication with teaching assistant, children, parents, and other MSW employees.
- One to three years of experience in an educational environment with children ranging in ages six to twelve.
Job Type: Full Time