Montessori School of Central Marin
317 Auburn Street, San Rafael, CA 94901
Phone: (415) 456-1748
Director: Jennifer Esterman
Lead / Enrichment Teacher
We are seeking a highly qualified and motivated preschool teacher for one of our primary classrooms. We are currently looking for a full time teacher position to lead the enrichment classroom and support during transition times in the school. This position is for the 2021 - 2022 academic school year (September 2021 - June 2022) with the possibility of becoming a full time head teacher year round in our toddler room.
We offer competitive wages, bonus structure, full medical, vision, matching 401K and PTO.
Position Available to start October 1st, 2021
Full time 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Maintain a friendly, professional and calm disposition while interacting with students, co-workers and parents.
- Proactive , innovative and a great team player
- The candidate must have a deep knowledge of Montessori philosophy and can implement positive discipline when engaging with the children and children’s behavior.
- Create a positive, engaging learning environment for children ages 2 - 5 years old.
- The Enrichment teacher will be in charge of leading enrichment activities such as art projects, indoor movements like dance / yoga, gardening and cooking as well as the flexibility to support the other primary classrooms during transitions or events.
- Spanish/English bilingual is a plus.
- Ability to present practical life skills during lunch and after nap times; such as showing children how to open lunch boxes, cleaning up after lunch, preparation for nap, etc to promote independence.
- Outdoor supervision
- Nap supervision
- Assist in potty if needed
- Montessori Early Childhood and Infant Toddler Credential, and Associate or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Displays positive and strong communication skills when interacting with parents, staff and children.
- At least 2 years of experience working with children 2 years and older.
Competitive Salary depending on experience and credentials
If interested please contact the Director, Jennifer Esterman or Assistant Director, Maeve at (415) 456-1748 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.