Montessori del Mundo (MDM) is a public Dual Language Montessori charter school in Aurora CO. MdM follows the Montessori philosophy and curriculum and uses research-based dual language model with the goal of bilingualism and biliteracy for all students. Academic instruction is in both Spanish and English to prepare students for the future bilingual world. In the 2019-2020 school year, we will be adding an additional Upper Elementary classroom for our rising 4th - 6th graders.
Position: Upper Elementary (4th/5th/6th grade) Teacher
The language of Instruction: English
Provide individualized instruction in English to 4th -6th-grade students in an Upper Elementary Montessori classroom. Collaborate with Spanish Upper El Teacher to develop a coherent program across two dual language classrooms. Establish and maintain the physical environment of the classroom including material creation. Develop a positive, productive classroom culture leading towards self-regulation. Observe and analyze student work and plan appropriate instruction. Maintain a record-keeping system to track student progress. Develop all students as bilingual and bi-literate. Provide effective literacy instruction targeted at bilingual literacy development. Organize and supervise field trips. Invest in families by building and maintaining positive relationships with parents. Supervise students and ensure their safety. Submit student progress reports and other required paperwork on time. Supervise classroom assistant. Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to Dual Language education and Montessori philosophy
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and passing score on the PLACE or Praxis
- Montessori Certification in Upper Elementary (or certification in Lower Elementary and willingness to obtain Upper Elementary certification during summer 2018)
- Experience with and passion for: working with Second Language Learners, instructing literacy, and oral language development.
- Experience working with State Standards
- Commitment to building long term relationships with students, parents, and colleagues
- A desire to learn and grow as a teacher; open-ness to feedback, collaboration, and compromise
- Preferred: 3+ years of teaching experience in a Montessori Classroom and/or at a 90/10 Dual Language program
- Preferred: Experience launching a Montessori Classroom
- Preferred: Bilingual English, Spanish
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org attn: Hiring
o Cover Letter (in English or Spanish)
o Teaching Philosophy – 1-2 pages (in English)
This position is for the 2019-2020 school year. We will accept applications until the position is filled.