Brooklyn Heights Montessori School offers a challenging and comprehensive curriculum built on the philosophy of Maria Montessori to children aged two years through eighth grade. Students work and learn in mixed-age classes led by teaching teams of thoughtful and well-trained professionals. The students have exposure to a full range of academic and artistic courses. BHMS also offers an after school program and a summer day camp. The School is housed in a beautiful facility in the Cobble Hill section of Brooklyn and is ideally located for convenient access to all parts of Manhattan and Brooklyn.
Brooklyn Heights Montessori School is an equal opportunity employer seeking candidates who will embrace the tenets of Montessori Education, including the principles of community, educational and professional excellence, social justice, and equity.
Job Description: Information Desk Manager
Start Date: Immediate
Reports to: Director of Finance
Brief Description: The Information Desk Manager is responsible for the primary reception
coverage at Brooklyn Heights Montessori School.
Full-time, 12-month position
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Greet students, families, and caregivers and manage visitor sign in and name badges
- Provide first point of security at entrance to building
- Manage a multi-line phone system and train others on the system as needed
- Interface with Director of Technology on any system issues
- Manage and record attendance records in the Veracross database system. Receive attendance lists from classes, receive parental notice of absences/lateness, distribute lists of absences, contact families when absences have not been reported, and maintain attendance records in Veracross.
- Responsible for all incoming and outgoing mail and faxes including their distribution and maintain the school’s postage meter
- Place all supply orders according to ordering procedure (requisitions, approvals, etc.)
- Track deliveries and verify content against order requisition
- Schedule hospitality portion of events (place food orders, take deliveries) and maintain appropriate inventory of hospitality items
- Provide daily support as needed to the Director of Finance
- Provide clerical support as needed to the Business Office, as well as to the Head of School
- Attend all scheduled all-staff meetings
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and sense of humor
- Competency with G Suite and Microsoft Office programs
- Common sense and ability to carry out written and oral instructions
- Organizational competency and desire to work in a collaborative environment
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and occasionally lift boxes when sorting deliveries
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to read and converse in English - second language a plus
Salary is competitive and based on experience and qualifications.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply here. No phone calls please.
Brooklyn Heights Montessori School has an institutional commitment to the principles of diversity, social justice and equity. In that spirit, BHMS does not discriminate in violation of the law on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, physical challenge, national or ethnic origin, ancestry or any other characteristic.